SPQ 029: My Presentation – The 80/20 of Building a Nonfiction Author Platform
In one week, Steve is participating in the Author Marketing Live event. The virtual event, which runs from January 26 to January 30, has 20 speakers giving one-hour presentations. Learn more or register for Author Marketing Live at www.amlticket.com.
Steve will cover the following topics during his presentation:
- How to identify what works for your business
- Email marketing
- Which platforms to focus on
- How to maximize your book launch
- Simple marketing tricks that have a long-term impact on sales
- How to scale your business into a full-time income
Over the past three years, Steve has turned his self-publishing income into a full-time income. He’s had a few months where he hit anywhere from $50,000 to over 65,000, so he has the background necessary to provide advice on this topic.
Steve is looking forward to listening to the other presenters because he feels their information will add a lot of value to his business. These are a few of the presenters who will be participating in Author Marketing Live.
- Bryan Cohen ( How to Run a Multi-Author Facebook Event)
- Matt Gartland (Produce Your Book Like a Pro with the Help of a Team)
- Shelley Hitz (Marketing a Book on Amazon: 7 Things You Can Do for Free to Get More Exposure and Sales)
- Nick Loper (How to Rock Your Nonfiction Launch)
- Johnny B. Truant and Sean Platt (Building a True Fan Base)
Steve attended the previous Author Marketing Live event in Cleveland. One of the major benefits of attending was meeting Derek Murphy, Sean Platt, Johnny B. Platt, Jim Kukral, and Bryan Cohen in person.
The problem with attending a live event is that it is expensive. Steve paid $400 for his plane ticket, a few hundred dollars for the hotel room, and a few hundred dollars on the ticket. He also had to travel for two days, reducing his productivity. Steve says live events are the way to go if you want to get out there and meet people, but it’s nice to check out presentations from the comfort of your home.
Resources and Links
Author Marketing Live: Register for Author Marketing Live to access more than 20 presentations related to writing, publishing, and promoting your books
Steve’s Kindle Income: Steve breaks down his Kindle earnings month by month